The program is open to teachers in any schools in PA, WV, VA, MD, NJ or NY who teach science in grades K-8. You need not be designated officially as a science teacher to apply.
Instructions & Information
• A response should be provided for each question on the form. Your responses must be typed.
• The total cost of all items requested in a given year must not exceed $600.
• Do not request more than five individual items. Multiple quantities of a single item, e.g., 10 thermometers, countas one individual item.
• Do not use more than one vendor. The preferred vendor is NASCO. Please use the catalog from one of thefollowing specified vendors: NASCO, Frey Scientific, Vernier Software and Technology, Ward’s Science, FisherScientific, Apple when preparing your grant application. (Websites: www.enasco.com; www.freyscientific.com; www.vernier.com; www.wardsci.com; www.fishersci.com; www.apple.com)
• Funding will be based on the number of applications received and available funds.
• No single school, except under extraordinary circumstances, shall receive from this program more thanone award in each two-year period. Schools receiving awards this school year will be eligible again in 2023/2024.
• The items requested in a funded proposal will be purchased by the SACP and shipped directly to the school address. Cash awards will not be given except in very special cases.
• Questions should be referred by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 412-825-3220 ext 215.
IMPORTANT: Do not request or order chemicals or materials that may pose safety hazards to your students! All proposals must be received by December 6, 2021.